Festival "PRO-LIFE– 2011"
The project is funded with a grant allocated under Executive Order #300-rp, dated May 8, 2010.
The Festival is arranged by an independent non-commercial organization named Orthodox Citizens Union in Volga Federal Region.
Venue: Salut Hotel, Leninsky Ave, 158, Moscow.
Timing: From July 7 to July 9, 2011
Background: The First International Festival of Social Technologies «PRO-LIFE – 2010» was held in the Salut Hotel on July 23-24, 2010 and gathered representatives of pro-life organizations and activists from 65 cities of Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia as well as guests from non-CIS countries. The most significant results of the festival included, among others:
- activation of charity support for pregnant women and families with children in the Russian Orthodox Church as an instrument of induced abortion prevention,
- engagement of major charity funds in funding this direction.
Since the festival turned out to be a success it was decided to repeat it in 2011.
Proposed participants: It is expected that the «PRO-LIFE-2011» Festival will be attended by representatives of local orthodox churches, pro-family religious and social action organizations, charity funds, scientific community of Russia, CIS and non-CIS countries.
In parallel with the Festival the First Ecclesial Congress of Diocesan Social Ministry Departments of the Russian Orthodox Church will be held, since under the directive of His Holiness Patriarch Cyril advocacy of motherhood and family values is implemented in the Russian Orthodox Church within ecclesial social ministry.
His Holiness Patriarch Cyril will address the Festival’s participants with words of welcome during the Divine Liturgy which will be celebrated in the Convent of Martha and Mary on the 8th of July, on the Day of Family, Love and Fidelity. His concelebrator will be Eminent Panteleimon, Bishop of Smolensk and Vyazma, Chairman of Synodal Department for Charity and Social Ministry of the Russian Orthodox Church and the president of the Festival’s jury.
Festival methodology: Deterioration of family values results in serious social problems, such as abandoned children and disabled people, desperate parents, alcohol and drug addiction, homelessness, abundant abortions counted in millions.
On the contrary, revival of traditional family values, support families in crisis can eliminate all of the above-mentioned issues. It can be a way to revive our country.
Orthodox family values represent objective social and biological laws providing demographic sustainability, genetic, cultural and historical survivance of human communities.
These laws were concisely established in the Old Testament:
Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it.
Honor thy father and thy father, that thy day may be long upon the land.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
These are not only commandments obtained through Divine Afflatus and mandatory for salvation of believers (if they did not choose supernatural way of monasticism). These are the quintessence of actual historical experience which demonstrates that only following these laws a person can create a strong family, give birth and raise healthy and morally sane children, and a nation can survive any wars, political, economical and natural disasters, preserve its religious, cultural and historical identity. Not knowing or failure to comply these laws at the personal level leads to inevitable individual tragedies. If they are violated on a wide scale, then nations, empires and civilizations are swept from off the face of the earth.
Recurrence to the Christian family values at the state policy level and at the level of personal choice is the only way to overwhelm the modern crisis of family values threatening us with bloody chaos of depopulation and more intense efforts to build a new post-human world order.
Orthodox family values must become the universal criterion of planning and assessment of demographical and family policy and also a foundation of any programs and innovations related to social, medical, educational, digital and other technologies.
Festival target groups:
- orthodox church and social action organizations and activists engaged in social, educational activity and human rights defense dedicated to strengthen family values and life advocacy;
- specialized state structures, charity organizations, orthodox representatives of political parties, science, art and business;
- every member of society (including media providing communication).
- to terminate wide-scale pre-birth child destruction, debauchery of society and revive orthodox family values;
- to consolidate healthy forces of the Church, society and state for addressing problems of modern family;
- to testify before society what orthodox family values are and how dangerous it is to neglect them.
- to organize communication system within the festival target groups;
- to identify, assess, present, support, promote and replicate best practices, projects and technologies;
- to create enabling environment for life advocacy, to draw much attention to the necessity to implement social policies and programs designed to defend human life and family as its foundation;
- to adjust the experience of western countries to religious, mental, social and political reality of the Orthodox civilization;
- to strengthen activity of state and social action organizations in the field of defending children’s lives at the international, federal and local levels.
At the festival one can learn technologies of parochial activities dedicated to:
- advocacy of life and family values;
- support or pregnant women and families with children:
- post-abortion syndrome therapy:
- educative work and social advertising;
- human rights advocacy.
The program of the Festival will include displays, master classes, workshops, concerts and outdoor promotional events.
- parochial activity,
- sacred processions,
- media communication,
- social advertising,
- promotional and mass events.
- educational programs,
- lectures and displays,
- manpower training
- pre-abortion consultancy,
- social support, charity and legal advise.
- legislative initiatives,
- projects and technologies in the field of human rights.
- scientific research in related areas,
- scientific publications,
- conferences, round tables, forums,
- public opinion survey.
There will be 3 winners in each category. Moreover, we will give Grand Prix, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes, special awards from sponsors and stakeholders.
The winners of the Festival competitive program will be awarded with diplomas and valuable prizes.
The registered participants will be provided with free meals (lunches and coffee breaks on the 7th, 8th and 9th of July) and beneficial accommodation in the Salut Hotel (3 guest nights, from 12:00 a.m. on the 6th of July till from 12:00 p.m. on the 9th of July. You will be able to keep your luggage in the hotel checking-room till 00:00 a.m.).
The competitors are provided with free accommodation and meals in the Salut Hotel (3 guest nights, from 12:00 a.m. on the 6th of July till from 12:00 p.m. on the 9th of July. You will be able to keep your luggage in the hotel checking-room till 00:00 a.m.)